Wednesday 15 May 2013

Link: Hyperbole and a Half

I have been reluctant to post this because I assume everybody will have seen it.  But everybody will only see it if everybody cross posts it.  So here goes.

This is remarkable: "Depression Part Two" at Hyperbole and a Half".   Warning: like many links from here you might not find it a comfortable read since it has a lot about the inside of feeling depressed and some discussion of suicidal feelings.

I particularly empathise with the line "I don't necessarily want to kill myself, I just want to become dead somehow."  Though I don't want to kill myself, the thought of not being around can be quite comforting.  That is even though - as now - things are going quite well and I am only rarely miserable.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting... I hadn't seen it, and could relate to some it, especially the interaction with non-depressed people. I don't really see any point to my living, but I also don't actually want to kill myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered Hyperbole and a Half and am so enthralled and amazed at Allie Brosh's lovely way of bringing stories to life with her words and pictures. Depression is a reality that is so hard for non-depressed people to understand, and she highlights that so well.

    ReplyDelete

Comment policy:
We reserve the right to edit all comments. In particular, we will not tolerate phobic content (race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, mental health status, etc.) nor personal attacks or threats toward another commenter, significantly off-topic, or is an obvious trolling attempt.