Saturday 4 May 2013

And every so often, an off day

Yesterday my brother-in-law got married.

Yesterday was also and unrelatedly one of the first bad days in at least a week or two.

Yesterday, families came together and celebrated. Got to know each other. Pleasant times all around.

Yesterday, I could find no joy in anything. I could not mobilize myself. I'd follow along and obey instructions, but doddered around fumbling at tasks when I try to start them myself.

I didn't feel much anxiety, but I didn't feel much joy, or interest, or energy for anything. Eventually S suggested my functionality might improve from my anti-anxiety pills.

Like a flash, the pervasive, crippling sadness vanished. And as the families gathered and the ceremony took place, I was able to be pleasant, have fun, and be involved in conversations and activities.

Yesterday was a great day.

Yesterday was a ghastly day.

Yesterday was an off day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to enjoy some of the day. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete

Comment policy:
We reserve the right to edit all comments. In particular, we will not tolerate phobic content (race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, mental health status, etc.) nor personal attacks or threats toward another commenter, significantly off-topic, or is an obvious trolling attempt.