Wednesday 16 January 2013

Occupational hazards

Now that medication peels away the layer of anxiety and emotional crashes I had as an ambient background, the effects of my work come in much starker view. There's a paper deadline on Friday. I am first author on an interesting result, for a conference none of us are used to writing for.

And the tasks I have grabbed onto require me to learn a number of professional tools I have never before touched in my life.

Yesterday and today had anxiety pangs hovering just under the surface. Friday is the paper deadline. Saturday I'm declaring an extended holiday with no work whatsoever until … oh, at least Monday or so.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure I should say this but I really enjoy reading your posts. There's something almost poetic about getting so fast to the point and getting so much across in a short space. (Extended holiday from Saturday until Monday is superb!)

    But I'm sure you could do that too in posts about how you haven't been having anxiety pangs, so I think I'll decide not to feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete

Comment policy:
We reserve the right to edit all comments. In particular, we will not tolerate phobic content (race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, mental health status, etc.) nor personal attacks or threats toward another commenter, significantly off-topic, or is an obvious trolling attempt.