Monday 2 December 2013

Making changes & feeling optimistic

Some lifestyle changes:
  • Since November 14, I cut out gluten, excess caffeine and sugar from my diet. I have had only a couple slips. 
  • I joined a gym and have been exercising on average three to four times a week.
  • I started taking supplements (fish oil, a B complex, probiotics, etc).
Some observations on my moods:
  • I have a lot of physical energy even if I feel emotionally low.
  • I have been relatively stable despite a feeling of apathy or dullness. 
  • I have been able to concentrate on tasks such as reading.
Overall, I have been doing pretty alright. The new doctor I am seeing has lowered my Abilify by 10 mg since I started seeing her a little over two weeks ago. I haven't experienced any dramatic withdrawal effects. The doctor seems receptive to working with me to lower my medications, however, she did say if I experience symptoms, I will go back on a higher dose. 

So I guess my spirits are somewhat higher than usual. I plan to keep up my lifestyle modifications. I'll keep you updated. 

1 comment:

Comment policy:
We reserve the right to edit all comments. In particular, we will not tolerate phobic content (race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, mental health status, etc.) nor personal attacks or threats toward another commenter, significantly off-topic, or is an obvious trolling attempt.