Thursday 21 November 2013

Hashtag My Depression Pointer

One of the first posts on Depressed Academics was "What is it like to be depressed?"

In that post I talked about my pointer. I often feel I can assess a day at a rough number from about -10 to +10.

In a possibly rash experiment I've decided to start announcing my pointer to the world via twitter.
One change though: in the post about my pointer I had negative be good.  But that's never felt right, so from now on, minus is bad, plus is good, and zero is neutral.  So zero is actually pretty good for me.  While minus is more common.   About -5 to -6 is where my functioning really starts to reduce.

If you want to see how I'm doing, go here:

#MyDepressionPointer on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment policy:
We reserve the right to edit all comments. In particular, we will not tolerate phobic content (race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, mental health status, etc.) nor personal attacks or threats toward another commenter, significantly off-topic, or is an obvious trolling attempt.