Sunday 28 April 2013

Facebook argument

Today I had a perfectly friendly argument on facebook.   I posted something, a couple of friends disagreed, I argued, that's about it.   I found it engaging, it was perfectly good humoured, nobody was rude or offensive to me.   But in the end I found it a bit depressing.

My facebook usage used to be have a lot of  posts with complaints about things, most often things that annoyed me in the news.   A few months ago I made a conscious effort to be a bit more positive, not bothering to post the negative things and being more likely to post more positive ones.   I don't honestly know if it has helped me, except it's nice sometimes to spread good news when I would not previously have bothered.

This is nothing to this story.  Nobody was mean to me and I hope I wasn't mean to them.   But I found it a bit depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment policy:
We reserve the right to edit all comments. In particular, we will not tolerate phobic content (race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, mental health status, etc.) nor personal attacks or threats toward another commenter, significantly off-topic, or is an obvious trolling attempt.