Tuesday 2 April 2013

Effects and side-effects — an update

After about 2 months on Fluoxetin, we adjusted my medication.
Since mid-March, I have been taking Fluoxetin and Voxra (Wellbutrin) together.

I am now getting to the point where observations can be written down; where I have more than a few days worth of a sample.

First off, the really good: my mood is much more normal now. On Fluoxetin alone, I turned flat; I kept being sad for much of the time, but the crashes went away. I just was bored, dull, apathetic instead of having daily anxiety attacks. Improvement, sure, but not up at good just yet.

With the combination, my dull flatness has gone away. I have my ups and downs — I had a fullblown classic breakdown a few days ago, but it's once in 2 weeks, not several times a week. And I'm happy and energetic far more often than earlier in the past year.

So as for the primary effects, the combination seems pretty much spot on. Sure, it would be nice to get more stable than this, but it is already an incredible improvement on Before.

Now for the side-effects. I have gotten rid of some, retained some, and gained a couple of new ones.
My grinding and chattering teeth are remaining. Last night, it was apparently bad enough it helped keep Susanne awake at night.
I am far more sensitive to alcohol than I was before. On the other hand, I have always tried to pay attention to my body signals when it comes to alcohol consumption, so this doesn't really worry me.
I wake up several times each night. This is new.
I am tired. A lot. I grow almost uncontrollably tired around 9pm; we used to have a family diurnal rhythm with bedtime at midnight. Now, I go to bed between 10pm and 11pm instead. This, too, is new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment policy:
We reserve the right to edit all comments. In particular, we will not tolerate phobic content (race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, mental health status, etc.) nor personal attacks or threats toward another commenter, significantly off-topic, or is an obvious trolling attempt.