Saturday 16 March 2013

Vignette: This makes no sense

I'm not going to go into details here because they're irrelevant.

In writing my most recent post, I was reminded of something which made me google it, and I found the result depressing.  And for the next two hours I've been depressed and miserable.

This makes no sense and here's why.   The facts of the situation are that somebody who wasn't me made a perfectly rational decision 34 years ago, which most likely has no discernible effect of my life as it is now, and it's guaranteed that it has no provable effect on my life.

I know it makes no sense, after the first pang of a second or two I realised it made no sense, and yet I've been miserable for two hours.  

I suspect that if it had been my decision, I could have shouted to myself "I love SMBC!" and I would be ok.  Maybe I need coping strategies for other people's decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment policy:
We reserve the right to edit all comments. In particular, we will not tolerate phobic content (race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, mental health status, etc.) nor personal attacks or threats toward another commenter, significantly off-topic, or is an obvious trolling attempt.