Thursday 14 January 2016

Me And My Brain: A Play In Three Acts

This is another guest post by Dorothy Donald.

Act One
Scene - A woman’s bedroom

BRAIN: Hey, Dorothy.
DOROTHY: …
BRAIN: Dorothy. Doooooooorothyyyyyyyy. DOROTHY!
DOROTHY: Wh’?
BRAIN: I’ve made a list of all the things you’ve done wrong recently and I would like to go over it with you in detail.
DOROTHY: What?
BRAIN: I’ve made a list. Of all the things you’ve done wrong recently. And I would like to go over it with you. In detail.
DOROTHY: It’s 4am!
BRAIN: You didn’t look busy.
DOROTHY: I was sleeping!
BRAIN: Yeah. So here’s my list. One…

Act Two
Scene - An office

DOROTHY: Hey, Brain?
BRAIN: …
DOROTHY: Brain?
BRAIN: …
DOROTHY:  BRAIN!
BRAIN: Um. Yeah. So, your query is, like, in a queue or something.
DOROTHY: What? I need you!
BRAIN: Would you like to hear the same few bars of ‘Ashes to Ashes’ over and over?
DOROTHY: No. I want you to help me. I want you to help me to not screw up. What is this? Are you angry with me because I didn’t like your 4am shit-list?
BRAIN: I am not available at this time. Please try again later.

Act Three
Scene - A woman’s bedroom


BRAIN: You didn’t do much today, did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment policy:
We reserve the right to edit all comments. In particular, we will not tolerate phobic content (race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, mental health status, etc.) nor personal attacks or threats toward another commenter, significantly off-topic, or is an obvious trolling attempt.